Last Of Us

As I wake up, I look around in my dark and gloomy room. I look at my clock and it says 9:30am. I was surprised at how dark it was. I walked over to my window, wound up my blind, and saw that it was it was still very dark outside. I walked down the stairs and I noticed that no one was up. This was very unusual as normally everyone was up and going by 8:30am. I walked into my mum and dad’s bedroom and saw they weren’t there. A gripping wave of fear washed over my body as I walked back out into the family room in just enough time to see my dad crash through the glass window, and my mum come crashing through the front door. My dad quickly yells, “Get behind me” as he reaches into his gun safe and loads all four of his guns, and tosses one handgun to my mum and one handgun to me.
We ran to the ute and John, our neighbour, was standing there with his 22 and his 308. As we all get in the ute, a figure came sprinting up and started banging on the window. The figure didn’t look very good. He looked very sick and his skin was rotting away. I suddenly had a terrifying thought, ‘Has the zombie apocalypse started?’
As we are driving along, ahead of us a figure appeared, standing in the middle of the road. He was wearing massive body armour and had a massive gun in his hand. It was so big he had to carry it by his side. As we approached him, he put his hand up and said, “STOP!” We pulled over on the side of the road and my dad wound down his window and the figure yelled, “Get out of the ute and get on the ground!” As we got out of the ute, the figure yelled, “Put your weapons on the ground.” Everyone except me, laid all of the weapons on the ground. He stepped over towards us, pulled out his handgun and pointed it at John’s head. I carefully pulled my handgun out of my pocket, and without him noticing, just as he was about to pull the trigger, I aimed with my handgun and shot the figure in the head. We watched with frozen terror as he fell to the ground. We all stood up and my mum said, “Let’s get going. Now we know what to watch out for.” I replied, “I think that was only the start.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!