Quili Exsperement

It was a dark and stormy night but something was different to all the other nights. The moon was blood shot red and Hugh and I were at a haunted house that everyone was talking about at school.
My blonde hair blew in the wind when we walked into the house. 12-year old’s probably shouldn’t go to a haunted house, but we did, and that’s where our story begins.
We stepped inside and saw a board on the table. I said “I’ve seen this board before”, “oh yeah it’s the Quiji board let’s play”, said Hugh. “No” I shouted, “its way to dangerous” but then I whimpered “Ok just for a little bit”. We sat down and the board moved. It said its name was Lisa. Hugh asked “How old are you?” It moved to five “It’s just a little girl” gasped Hugh. Hugh and I were so frightened we left the board without saying goodbye. Unfortunately, for us we’d forgotten about the portal that we’d left open for the ghosts to enter our world.
All the ghosts came out and hid in the cracks in the walls of the house.
We woke up the next morning and go to get some breakfast and food for the next night. We see Sam and invite him over to the house. When we get back we realise that the place is trashed. “Who was here” I said angrily “No one was here I had the key the whole time” “we forgot to say goodbye to the Quiji board we’re dead meat”. I whispered.
We heard a scream and ran down the hallway. There was blood on the walls then we heard a baby crying, we walked into a bedroom with a cot in the corner, We crept towards the cot, and as we peeped over the edge of the cot a baby stared back at us wearing a clown mask. I rushed out of the room, “He’s yours” I screamed “I hate clowns!!”
I met up with Hugh in the kitchen but we soon realised that Sam was missing. We rushed outside to see if he was there, there was no sign of him. We went back inside and the door slammed behind us, there wasn’t even any wind!
Suddenly, Hugh is being thrown around the room, something cuts him open, blood goes everywhere. I go to run out the door but it’s locked. I run to the hallway, Sam is dead on the floor. Something grabs me from behind and growls “You’re dead” and hangs me on a hook. I managed to escape and run out the back door.
As I run, I hear two giggles and a knock at the front door.
Bang!
The door slams, I’m not fast enough to save them from entering the haunted house

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!