Jake.exe

I sighed. I was never going to get this done. I looked at my Word Document. 5 words. I sat quietly in the trash-filled dump that was my bedroom. Dirty laundry sprawled across the floor, scrunched up paper. And my pet turtle Shelly sitting on my drawers. I waited for an idea, a spark of inspiration, but it didn’t come. I stared at my computer screen, anger building up.
Finally, I lashed out, smacking my computer. The screen flash repeatedly and started sparking crazily. Then I felt the strangest sensation of my body expanding and contracting. I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, I was staring at my room, except everything seemed bigger. No, I was smaller. I turned around and screamed.
I saw Word Document, except it was massive. I looked back at my room. I was inside the computer. I banged on the screen, but it had no effect. I looked beneath my feet and found I was standing on the task bar. I reached over, and clicked on the Chrome icon.
Instantly, the world around me changed. A mainly blue landscape was now transformed to green. The Google type bar was gleaming, and I had an idea. I looked around the taskbar and found the on screen keyboard icon. I tapped it softly, and a big keyboard appeared behind me.
I used the scroll bar on my left to launch myself up. I landed on top of the keyboard, clicked “A” and it appeared in the search bar. I deleted it, and typed “racing cars” in. I tapped the “X” on the keyboard window and it disappeared.
Now for the big moment. I clicked the search button, and the background disappeared again, and was replaced by words. I used them to climb up to the button that said “Videos” and tapped. I jumped back down to click on the first YouTube video, and a car came shooting past.
I used the scroll bar to fall down to the video, and daringly, ran in front of another car. The car came to a halt, and the driver stepped out. He yelled at me, but I ignored and got into the car. I drove off, only guessing how to work a car. I steered toward the screen of the computer.
The speed dial slowly raised, 110kmph, 120kmph, 130kmph, and I got ready for impact. I launched out of the video, and through the air toward the screen. THUD! The car slammed into the screen. And didn’t make a dent.
The car hit the floor of the computer with a crash and I quickly got out. I looked at the screen, which was still undamaged. I stomped on the ground in frustration, and a little tab popped up. It said, “Eject Jake.exe?”. I wondered what that could do. I clicked it, and I felt the expansion and contraction of my body once again. In an instant, I was back in my seat. “I know what to write!” I gasped excitedly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!