Was It Really?

I woke up and just laid there thinking of what to do today and I came up with this. Throwing a stick around the garden for skips, feeding the dogs and taking them for a walk, going into the city with all my friends, going to eat lunch somewhere, Just before I was going to make my last idea for today I felt a cold wet gush of air run though my body. Then I just realised something bad “Oh dam it, I left the window open all night.” It was so hot last night so if you were wondering why they were open well that’s why. Last night’s storm was the biggest storm I’ve ever experienced in my life. I stepped out of bed to get my clothes for the day but then I felt the freezing cold icy water that flooded my room. Mum and dad weren’t home which was good because they would flip if they found about this, it was only like an inch deep but it was a big problem. I quickly jumped up back onto the bed to warm my feet up. I tried finding shoes or something on my bedside table but it was useless and anyway, why would there be shoes just sitting there. Then I had a great idea, I could wrap my feet up in my blanket and that way it would be warm and not much water would get in, I think.

I stepped out one more time and it felt way better but when I got to my draws all my clothes were wet, I didn’t know why because the water only went up and inch. I decided to go down stairs to get breakfast but as soon as I got down all the furniture was floating… in water, and so was all the food. “oh crap, I left all the windows open last night.” Wow there’s a lot of water everywhere. I hope mum and dad don’t come home any time soon. As I was running around everywhere…..well swimming around, panicking, I tried to clean up a little bit by letting all the water out of the door, but it was no use. Everything was soaked, I don’t know what to do.

I heard a crash as my head droops in shame, mum and dad trusted me to keep the house clean and not catch on fire whilst they were gone. Luckily I had no brothers or sisters because then I’ll have to look after them and clean up sort of, and if I did try and clean up I would still get in BIG trouble.
And then I woke up, “phew, it was just a dream.” I say to myself.
Or was it!?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!