Jay

It was early in the morning… The trees whispered as I walked through the forest with an arrow notched in my bow, ready to sink into the heart of my next victim. I knew this war would come, the slaves VS the government. I knew from the time he got elected, President Eldor Manuk... I hate the government. They murdered my father… I wish I could kill every single one of them! That’s why I go here every night, to kill…
“Morning Jay” Hunter teased “had a little sleep in” said Joana “shut up” I said “I’m still having nightmares” adding as much venom as I could to the last words of my sentence. “Well enough arguing, let’s go get some revenge” Said Liam
Liam lost his mother, she stepped on a landmine placed down by someone from the government, he didn’t cry. He went out with revenge on every single person from the government that he could make contact with. It’s very painful thinking about my friends’ losses. Joana… lost all her family… her house was raided by the government, her family got shot but she managed to escape. Hunter... He lost his little sister, Ruby… She was captured when she was out in the forest picking berries… When she was captured she got put into a room that slowly filled with poisonous gas. That’s why Hunter can’t look at berries without starting a stream of tears.
Suddenly there was a flash of silver… It hit a nearby tree… It was a bloody knife…
We are all pointing our arrows at the direction where the knife came from. Then… another flash of silver came from behind which instantly embedded in Joana’s head… “Joana!” I screamed. But it was too late for her to hear… she was dead…
Seeing my friend’s death gave me strength. The cloaked figures that where throwing the knives appeared ready to take another shot. But it was too late for them. Two of them had my arrows embedded in their hearts, Liam’s fist killed another and Hunter embed his arrow in one’s throat.
Welcome to my life. Where death is always.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!