Heartbreak

I remember the time when we were strolling down the lake. Her silky brown hair flew in the wind, like spider webs, her cool hand clasp onto mine. Her skin so soft, softer than a feather. Her thin body so fragile, like one hit to the head can cause her a concussion, so I'll be forever by her side, protecting her from any harm, but what I didn't know was, no matter how hard I try, no matter what I'll do, no matter how much I love her, she'll leave me alone in this dark, cruel world. 4 months had past since my dear Toka died, 4 months since I breathed her lavender scent, felt her warm lips against mine, and gazed into her beautiful green eyes. I've seen things like this on the news, in articles, but I can't believe, out of all the people in the world, why her? WHY TOKA? What has she done to deserve this? What have I done to deserve this? Being hit by lightning is so rare, happens so little that it might even be one of those scary stories that's parents tell their kids at night. But of all the people in the world, why Toka? Why not me? I went for an early run, like I do every morning, up through the hills and into the forest, but I must have lost my way as I came across a cliff. A cliff. Should I? Should I do it? Will anyone miss me like I miss her? I can imagine her smiling at me, her sweet kind smile, her arms welcioming me to a big hug. Stuff life, I'm coming Toka.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!