The Flood

The Flood

BANG SLAM CRASH! The water slammed against the car door as signs and parts of houses came down the stream of the flood. ‘Are you sure it was a good idea to get drinks and food in a FLOOD!?’ Timmy yelled at his brother. Timmy looked out the car window and saw four people on a small island in the middle of the flood.
One of the four people yelled ‘save us PLEASE!!’
‘We have to find someone to help them’ said Timmy.
Timmy’s brother opened the door and climbed on top of the car and pulled Timmy up too. BANG, SMASH! More cars slammed into the back of Timmy and his brother’s car. ‘Hey we could walk along the line of cars to get to that pizza place over there’ Timmy explained. ‘good idea Timmy’. Timmy and his brother started to walk across the cars on there way to the pizza place, when they were half way there more cars smashed into the line. Timmy fell off the side of a van because of this, and was only hanging by a little bar on the top of the van. ‘Help me!’ Timmy screamed to his brother, Timmy’s brother was trying to help him up when his phone rang. It was his dad ‘what are you doing out in the FLOOD!?’ Timmy’s dad yelled over the phone.’ We went to get food and drinks because we were low on supplies’. ‘The fridge is FULL OF FOOD’ Timmy’s dad screamed at the top of his lungs.
CRUNCH! More and more cars crashed into the back car making the line longer and longer. ‘Come on Timmy we have to go NOW!’. ‘Dad, call the rescue helicopter, there are 4 people on an island in the middle of the city and the water is rising!’ The phone was cracking up. ‘hello, are you still there?’ Timmy struggled to get back up, his brother helped him. Timmy and his brother were running across the line of cars as the water was slowly rising. They finally got to the pizza place were they were out of the danger of the water. Soon they heard the helicopter fly over the top of them and throw down a winch and the 4 people, Timmy and his brother were saved. ‘That was scary’ Timmy said.’ We should have never gone out in the flood.’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!