Parachute Delema

I was sitting on my seat worried about what was going to happen next. I tried to think happy thoughts but it's hard when your heart is beating a thousand times per second. Jack was about to jump out of a plane with a parachute and land on the beach. But he was frozen tight to his seat thinking about what might happen “what if my parachute doesn't work?” “What if I land in the middle of the sea and can't get out” he kept saying to himself but he was to busy thinking the worst to realize that Jarrad his best friend had been called and he was right after him. Jarrad steps up to the door but unlike Jack he had done this many times before. Again the went over the safety drills but but Jarrad wasn't listening he was too busy getting ready to jump. “Jack Acer!” Shouted the instructor reluctantly Jack got out of his seat and trembled to the man like with Jarrad he went through the safety drills but his words where muffled out by the wind. “Are you okay kid?” Asked the instructor who could obviously see the fright in Jacks eyes “I-I c-cant d-d-do it” replied Jack about to cry “don’t worry kid lots of people back-out. And at least you had the guts to get on the plane most people don’t even try” Jack was about to mention that Jarrad had forced him to go but realized it wasn't the best time. Jack backed away from the door and went back to his seat. “We'll be back in no time kid just sit back and relax” Jack liked that kind instructor “he understands me” Jack had thought. As they where flying to the landing spot the safety alarm went off “WERE GOING TO CRASH!!!!!” Shouted Jack “put this back on” said the instructor handing him a parachute “you'll need to jump!” He said while putting on his own parachute quickly Jack strapped it on and ran for the door but as he did a fire flared up in his face and it nearly burnt him to a crisp. By now Fire was burning all around the door he quickly looked for a way to get through when he spotted a small box. Immediately he put it in front of his feet then climbed up to the overhead compartment but when he looked down he was astonished to see that the fire didn't just circle the door as he had assumed but also the inside of it!! But Jack knew what he had to do first he waited for the door to burn down then he made sure his parachute was working but finally he was ready. Jack launched himself out of the compartment and through the door then just at the right time he pulled the string and the parachute went up and Jack was having the time of his life with the instructor and pilots coming soon after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!