The Winter Forest

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

As the sun casts its radiant rays on a bleak and snowy morning,
The ice calmly turns to water and the flowers begin dawning.
The frosty trees shake their snow and the birds begin to sing,
They chirp in perfect unison and create a sweet and heavenly ring.
The river is running quickly with reeds flowing gently past,
The reeds are the colour of hand cut emeralds and their journeys can be vast.
The otters and ducklings swim all day as they can stand the cold,
Their fur keeps the ice away so their quests are always bold.
As the majestic eagle flies past with beauty and eternal grace,
He sees the many happenings of the forest at a fast and continuous pace.
As he thinks of the many things that will happen throughout his sky filled day,
He becomes peaceful and is calm as with the wind his feathers sway.
The heavens open and the cotton like clouds release a soft white gleam,
The air begins to feel so cold that everything looks like a dream.
The white wonder starts to build up creating an inch of snow,
And the forest goes on producing its cast of radiant sunlight to show.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!