George's Revenge!!

It was a Sunday afternoon, the sun beating down on my back, the stench of the scraps (which were starting to rot! Yuck!) Hit my nose in a wave. I walked to the chicken coop, hunching my back to get through the door, then I saw it, all small and wretched on the ground, it was a body.
Our hen Susy, had hatched the chick four months ago. His name is George It’s been two weeks since his ‘accident’ as mum calls it, but everyone knows it was Big-Billy who did it, he was as big as a cat and twice as fierce. We all knew Billy hated having another rooster around but to do that...
It was Tuesday I walked up to the chook pen, holding the scraps far away. My shoes wet as ran as I trudged in. Mum had decided to put up a security camera since George woke up with a few more scratches. I dropped the scraps in their bowl and called out “Din, Din” and the chooks came a ‘running, no sign of Big Billy the Bully (that’s what we call him). I looked at George pecking happily on seeds for the first time I noticed His scarily sharp talons and powerful muscles hidden by his feathers for the first time George looked big, Then I wonder what happened.
It was Wednesday, Al would be revealed, we were gonna review the tape from the chook camera. It seems like we’ve been here for hours, When Billy steps out of the chook house fluffing out his feathers proudly. George stepped into view looking smaller than ever, then he stood tall revealing his talons and fluffing his feathers in defiance. George stepped forward raising his talon at Billy and let out a battle squawk, flinging himself at Billy! They tussled on the ground clawing each other, until George stood still, Billy motionless on the ground beneath his feet.
George let out a triumphant cry and grasped Billy in his beak and in one effortless motion flung him over the fence. That’s it George got his revenge, Billy got flung, in our chook pen, completely unaware that there was a camera right there watching them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!