Janet's Story

I threw myself at the window and hoped I’d crash through like they do in the movies. The window of the mansion broke and I fell through and landed on an open compost bin. I scrambled to my feet and then jumped off the compost. Two big guys jumped out the window and landed perfectly on the compost, unlike me. They were chasing me and I had no idea why. I ran as fast as I could, my heart beating fast. I turned a corner and ran into an alleyway.
The two men passed me without even noticing. I breathed a big sigh of relief.
“Janet,” called a voice
I jumped around and I saw a figure. It was my English teacher, Mr. Grovewood. He was the one who took me to the mansion. I was getting a special award for impeccable story writing.
“You’re back early.” said Mr. Grovewood.
“Well,” I said “I was being chased by to big guys.”
“Oh” said Mr. Grovewood. He wasn’t surprised at all. “Get in the, car we need to go to the police station.”


We were driving in the car to the police when I said.
“So, Mr. Grovewood what was that?”
“Well,” said Mr. Grovewood. “It’s a long story,”
“That you need to tell me,” I said angrily.
I was very confused and felt like I was dreaming. I knew I wasn’t.
“OK,” Said Mr. Grovewood. “I am your godfather,”
Know this came as a surprise.
“And” He continued “I implanted an antidote to a poison in your arm.”
I was speechless.
“And your parents are retired spies.” Mr. Grovewood said, unaware of how I was reacting.
“So the people chasing me want the antidote in my arm that you implanted?”
“Yep.” Mr. Grovewood replied.


A few minutes later, outside the police station, we got out of the car. We walked inside to see Mr. Pincer the police officer sitting at the front desk.
“Mr. Pincer we have a code red.”
“Ok.” Came Mr. Pincers booming voice. “I’ll get the decoy out.”
He stood up from his chair and reached under the desk grabbing a small metal cage with a vile of green liquid in it. Then he reached in his pocket to get out a rusted key. He laid them both on the desk.
“Come on,” called Mr. Pincer. “Get over here.”



Later the two big men arrived in a van. They came inside and straight away noticed the antidote. One man put his hand forward to grab the key when…
“Caught you red handed.” Yelled Mr. Pincer.
Ten other policemen restrained the buff guys.
Mr. Pincer stepped forward and pulled on the guys heads and pulled them off to reveal my parents.
“Mum, Dad?” I yelled
“Yes it’s us,” said mum.
I was shocked.
“We just wanted to teach you to be a spy.”
“So I passed?” I asked
“Of course.” Mum replied.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!