Visit To The Cotter Dam

On the weekend my mother planned a trip to "Cotter Dam" and decided to have a barbeque. We invited our family which included my aunt, grandmother and my two uncles. Since we had to leave early in the morning, we prepared for the trip a day before. I was very excited for the trip and kept a number of games. The day finally came. I quickly jumped out of bed, got changed, had breakfast, brushed my teeth and then we got into the car and went to, "Cotter Dam" When we reached there we played soccer until the food was getting ready!!There was a park near by. I went to the park and ziplined. There were slides, swings, monkey bars and the "zipline!" After playing in the park I played with my baby sister and also played with the other games that I had taken. It took two hours to get the food cooked. I asked my mum if we could explore the dam. Everyone except my grandmother went exploring. First of all we went to the river. There were pebbles inside the water, it was very clear and the river looked beautiful and soothing, we continued on. Then we went to a place where there were facts about the dam. It was really interesting. I now know the history of "Cotter Dam!!!" then we went on different paths, my mum and I went on the long way to the dam and my uncles, aunt and sister went the short way. Relieved as we reached there first. The dam looked beautiful but the sign said,"OFF LIMITS DANGER" 'DO NOT ENTER'. The dam wall was really high. We saw ducks, swans and swine even seagulls. It was a long way back I reckon 30 minutes but was wrong as it took 20 minutes it was a long walk but was totally worth it. We played soccer for ten more minutes but then it was time to go back. We packed all the stuff in the cars and it took 30 minutes to reach home, in the meantime I played with my sister on the ipad. We were playing subway surfers my best score was 35 million and my sister's high score was 3821 not a bad score for a toddler. When we reached home my mum told me to take a shower and change into my night suit. We all decided to watch a movie. My mum let me choose the movie of my choice so I chose "DESPICABLE ME" and everyone enjoyed the movie, my mum ordered pizza home delivery. While the pizza was on it's way my mum allowed us to watch another movie and put on "HOME ALONE". In the middle of the movie the pizza arrived. We all ate while watching the movie. My baby sister was very tired and fell asleep. After the movie I got ready for bed, brushed my teeth. I thanked my mum for a wonderful day and kissed her goodnight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!