Terror Attack

I huddled under a rack of dresses in an abandoned clothing store. Gun shots filled my head with panic as I thought over and over again what my mum told me;
“Stay still and silent. Do not move from here. I will come back for you. I love you.”
I remembered the sound of her feet as she scampered away from where I was hidden. I shivered, out of cold or fear, I do not know. Probably both. Getting bored, I stared at the dress in front of me. Its intricate and unique patterns swirled before my eyes like a wavy rainbow of warm. Its colors comforted me. Before I knew it, the terrifying sounds drifted away as my eyes drooped into a heavy slumber.

Echoing in my head, once again, are the ghastly sounds of guns. Except this time, they are much closer. I do not know how long I was asleep for, or even if I was sleeping, for now I am cursing myself for letting down my guard. I think about my mum. I hope she's doing well. I just want this to be over already. I want to go home. I am lost in thought when I hear shouting and glass shattering. They have broken the shop window. I start shivering, hoping they will not find me. I can hear heavy footsteps enter the store. They are so loud and slow. The footsteps enter my ears, reverberating in my brain and replenishing my terror. The boots come closer and closer. I close my eyes and try not to move. A bang is heard, somewhere within the store I am in. I let out a small whimper of fear. I cover my mouth swiftly, hoping it was not heard. The footsteps rush towards my hiding spot. I begin to pray. The steps stop a foot away from the dresses I reside within. I hear more yelling from a distance away. The life form before me shouts back. I am too frightened to understand. The boots lift and this time walk away from me. A sigh of relief exits my mouth. I freeze. The boots sprint back to me and I feel dread, knowing I am going to die. It is still a shock though, when the dresses are lifted and I hear the bang. I taste metal. I look to my chest and see blood. I keel over onto my side. My focus swims in and out. I see my mum, laying on the floor in a pool of blood. Then I close my eyes and fly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!