Savior

Walking, walking … Why are we still walking ?
We are lost in a forest with only water and three sandwiches. How did that happen ?
Let me explain :
My parents have a passion for nature. Which means no wifi and going camping every weekend. My parents stayed in the tent while my twelve-year-old-brother and I were looking for a good connection spot (I know it’s ridiculous).
But this time the sixteen-year-old-sister-that-can’t-live-without-internet (Me) went too far.

As we were walking, the sky got darker, my brother became frightened(Scary Movies…). I looked at the time every second, 6:38pm, 6:38pm… We were actually lost. You might think “Find your way !” but even if I had internet, which I don’t, how would I find a path ? We’re in the middle of a forest !
It was getting dark. We only had two liters of water and three sandwiches. We were not hopeful at all. And that’s when we heard a cracking branch
‘’- Another stupid animal’’ - I said.
Everything was black.It was like everything disappeared. I felt something watching me : Chills all over my body. Another cracking branch; Were that red eyes ? Yes, they were…
‘’-RUN’’- I screamed.
We started running.
Unfortunately,the thing followed us. I stopped to see it, it was right behind me. My brother stopped after. I gave up, the-thing-that-wants-or-not-to-kill-us had won. I heard steps coming closer, and then. White.
When my eyes finally adjusted to that magical light, I saw a big animal. Four legs and purple eyes ! I’m sure its eyes were red ! When I looked at the creature closely, I saw that its body was a combination of some animals. Then, I remembered a story my father told me when I was younger. This animal was a Bunyip ! I was swimming in thoughts but the creature started walking. It didn’t eat or attack us so maybe it’ll guide us home. I started to follow it. Somehow, my brother found bravery and walked in front of me, like if he was coming back from war. The Bunyip looked at me as if he knew me from somewhere. As we walked, I saw orange. Fire ! We finally found the camp ! My brother must have been faster than me because I could already hear them screaming. I didn’t run there. The Bunyip was watching me. It had a wolf-like face, squirrel-like body and tail and eagle-like legs. He wanted something. I felt like I owed him something. I don't know. Maybe like saving my life ! But I also felt like I’ve already seen him somewhere. Yes ! The first time I got here ! I saw him ! Wolf head… Yes it was him ! I knew what he wanted : When I first got here I found this little emerald on the ground, then a creature showed up and I ran. The emerald was now a necklace. I pulled it off my neck and put it on his. He shook his head to say thank you and ran.
I never saw him again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!