Samuel The Camel

Samuel the camel was out at 12:00pm, strolling through the barren desert looking for water and shelter because he was very thirsty and very, very tired.
Samuel was so exhausted that when he walked his body began swaying side to side as he tried to lift his fatigued legs. As Samuel continued to search for water and shelter, he accidentally stepped on some broken piece of glass, causing him to feel pain! He was furious, so with all his energy left he had he kicked the glass out of his way. Unfortunately for Samuel, the glass cut his foot as he kicked it away.
Samuel continued his search, but he began to leave a trail of blood from the cut on his foot From a distance, Crusty the Vulture saw the whole thing happen and knew Samuel is very tired. So, Crusty flew over and to his surprise he smelled blood, as he looked down he saw Samuel bleeding and leaving a trail of blood. Crusty the Vulture began circling around him, telling the other Vultures that he has found food. Samuel looked up and saw Crusty, he become terrified, ignoring the pain he ran away as quickly as possible from Crusty.
Samuel bled more and more as he tried to run faster and his trail of blood got longer. He was so tired. Suddenly, a pack of wolves appeared behind him because they followed smell of the blood and the trail because the smell of the blood was too strong! Samuel was even more terrified and ran away quickly again trying to look for a place to hide.
After escaping from the hungry animals for so long, Samuel thought he was finally safe! Little did Samuel know that he was standing right on top of an ant nest He felt sharp pain on his legs and itchiness as thousands of ants began to come out of the nest so Samuel looked down and saw an army of ants climbing up his legs onto his body like a carpet Samuel was so tired from escaping that he had no more energy left to run anymore so he dropped like a pin down onto the soft dry sand.
Before Samuel died, he thought to himself, "Why did I kick a piece of glass! Why was I angry with it!" After all the running away from big hungry animals, poor Samuel died to the small little ants.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!