The Horse

“Yay! Yay! Lewis and I are getting a new horse today from the Hyde’s. They are coming up the driveway now.”
I turned to Lewis, I was jumping around in excitement.
“Is this a dream?” I asked.
“No I don’t think so, though it might be a dream,” Lewis replied.
Mum and dad came out of their room and they said it wasn’t a dream. Suddenly we heard a knock on the door. Olivia woke up and ran outside, it was the Hyde’s with our horse. We took it out of the horse float. The dogs came running down and spooked the horse. It went galloping off. We spent ages looking for the horse, but we couldn’t find it.
A week later I looked out the window and the horse had come back. Yes, I thought it died, but it hadn’t. Lewis and I ran down to the horse and gave it a big hug. The dogs ran down to the horse again, but the horse wasn’t scared of the dogs any more. We were so lucky it didn’t run away again. We fed and rode the horse every day. We named it Lucky.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!