7th Grade Exam

"Princess Poppy". That's my name. Princess is my first name. Poppy is my last name. I go to Los Angeles International Academy Prep of St Stephanie and Madison de Bates Hamlet Cockerel Elementary and High School. We just call it LA International Academy. They have really hard tests there. The 7th grade exams at LA International are said to be the hardest in the world. But I can handle it. I'm pretty smart.
My brain was filled with facts. Did you know that 99.999999999 percent of every atom consists of empty space? Mr Braed hands out our exams. “Grade 7! Your final exam is today. I hope you have been studying because the questions aren't easy. 30 seconds until you may start". Oh god! It's finally happening! I have to admit, I am a little nervous.
"20 seconds"
Ok.
“15 seconds”
Alright.
"5 seconds"
I'll be fine.
"Grade 7, you may start now"
I turned over the paper.· I whizzed through the test. I finished early. I started to check, but it was all too exciting. I handed it to Mr Braed. He asked me if I had checked. After all it was the final exam. I said I was happy with it. He looked at me as if he wasn't sure if I was lying or not. He took it anyway. Everyone was still going. I sat at my desk. I scrunched up my working out paper. I asked Mr Braed how long until break. I sat on the floor. I ripped up post it notes. I was so bored. Finally, after what seems forever the bell rang for break. Mr Braed told us we would find out our results after break.
The bell rang. I sprinted back to Mr Braed's classroom. He read out everyone's result. He didn't read mine out. I must of got the A+ that I wanted, he just didn't want to hurt the other students feelings. He asked me to come and see him after the period. I was so happy to get the A+ that everyone wants.
Mr Braed reminded me to come over to his desk. As if I'd forget to. "Hi, Princess." He said. “I called you over to discuss something serious and important. The thing I would like to talk to you about is the grade you got on your exam. As you might have heard, I didn't read your results out to the class. Your results were so extreme, I didn't want to hurt anyone. But, of course, you need to know your own results. Princess Poppy, I am sorry to say it, but your 7th Grade exam... "
I didn't hear the rest of his sentence. I knew what he would say. This happens every year. I thought 7th grade would be different. I was hoping to make friends and get a really good grade, but I guess I was wrong. Just like every other year. I hate 7th Grade!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!