What Am I Going To Do?

"I don't want to go to Australia! I'm happy here, it's not my fault you had to move and I have to live with you." Lin exclaimed over the phone to her Mother. Lin currently lives in an extravagant mansion in Beverly Hills. Lin's parents were successful business people and were always traveling and moved to Australia 2 years ago to make things easier.

Today was the day, Lin was going to live with her parents in Australia. In order to do this Lin would have to catch two planes one from her home town to Malaysia then from Malaysia to Australia. Lin ordered an Uber to come pick her up then drops her off at the large airport. The airport was packed and Lin just went through the queues in time to catch her flight.

When Lin's flight landed in Malaysia, Lin decided that she wanted to look around before her next flight at 2:00pm. It was now 1:30 pm and Lin was still happily shopping without a care in the world. Then it was 3:00 pm and Lin had missed her flight. To make things worse Lin had left her belongings on the plane and all she has now was fifty American dollars in cash and bags full of expensive makeup. Lin soon discovered that she had missed her flight and was devastated.

Now it was 7:00pm and Lin had just realized that crying was completely useless. Lin looked around and questioned to herself "hmm what am I going to do all my stuff is on the plane. Ohh my poor clothes they are probably in Australia now. Wait where's my phone? Now I can't even call mum! Ohh no". Lin sat there thinking for a bit then soon came up with an idea, she would go find a hotel. Lin found an fancy hotel and checked into the hotel. The hotel cost her $10 a night. Lin stayed there for four nights until she came up with an idea "I can buy a phone then ring mum!"

Lin left the hotel and set off to find a cheap phone. After hours of searching Lin could only find a cheap non reliable phone for about $70. "I only have $10 what am I going to do, wait! I know I'll just sell this make up" Lin thought. Then Lin set off to find a shop that will sell her used make up. Almost instantly Lin found a petite shop which would let her sell her makeup for a total of $60. "yes this is exactly what I needed!" exclaimed Lin a little too loudly. Lin went and bought the phone then rang her mum. "mum I need your help I'm stranded in Malaysia" Lin said sounding desperate like a dog crying for attention.

"Ok Lin is this a prank or?" Lins mother replied.

"NO THIS IS NOT A PRANK GET ME OUT OF HERE" Lin interrupted demandingly.

"Fine I'll text you a ticket" her mother said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!