Storm Fear

It was dark and stormy, I could hear lightning it sounded close I am home alone, my family went out camping two days ago I didn't want to go, I was just laying in bed trying to go to sleep in my room lighting kept getting louder and the wind sounds like a wolf howling in pain, the rain was hitting the roof hard I was getting more scared by the minute, I decided to look out my big window beside my bed the lighting was still pretty far from the house but there was a lot and it was moving fast, I pulled the covers from my bed closer to me I thought the lighting was getting stronger and louder I closed my eyes, I didn't want to see if anything was going to happen. I felt something tapping me gently on my right shoulder closest to the window, I kept my eyes closed I didn't dare look, I thought if I kept my eyes closed it would go away but it didn't then someone whispered in my ear, you must get up run quickly go now go down stairs now he repeated over and over. Finally decided to get up, I grabbed my phone then my German shepherd Max started barking and growling outside my door I got down from my bed and ran as fast as I could to the door, I opened the door and ran downstairs ,Max followed we ran out the front door, seconds later lightning struck my wall in my room it, clasped I quickly turned around to look what happened then I saw the damage and I thought, what if I didn't listen to the man or he didn't come I wasn't thinking about the chance of getting struck by lightning by running outside in the open. My room then lit up in flames, I called 000 and then asked for the firefighter people they came six minutes later one asked me where are your parents I said they're out somewhere, she said where'did they go then, I said camping I didn't want to go with them I don't like the outdoors, she said well you're lucky you weren't in there at the time, you could have gotten hurt, yes lucky I said. I called mum I told her what happened, I didn't tell her about the voice at that time she was already worried. Mum said there coming home straight away, later they arrived she ran up to me she asked if I was hurt, I said no I'm fine but the only reason I made it out was because of that man. Dad said a man yes like a spirit I said, then mum said at least you're alright my sister said we will stay in a hotel. Later at night the spirit came back while everyone was sleeping I thanked him he didn't tell me why he helped me but he told me a story than he left.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!