Fox Tail

It was midnight, I held my m other tightly. We were lost in the forest, we couldn't see anything but a light in the distance, a flare. A beast lunged forward! We stepped backwards as the beast got closer and closer, my heart skipped a beat! The beast proceeded to! Leap forward, my tail brushed against a wall of solid rock, I looked back we were cornered!
The beast pulled a gun out of his belt.
My tail gripped a twig, completely forgetting the fact we were cornered I lost my balance and fell straight for the river, which seemed like a thunder storm it was so viciously rough! The beast pointed his weapon at me!

BANG!

The bullet raced through the air slicing off my tail! I soon found myself rapidly floating down stream! Just at that moment I heard another bang "MOTHER!" I at the top of my lungs! I had just lost my mother to the same beast that killed my father! At least that's what I thought!
As I awoke to find myself washed up on a rock in the middle of PARADISE! There were birds singing, deer racing in the meadows, turtles and crocodiles swimming. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Just then a huge bear bellowed over me, his shadow rose blocking my view of light. "hello" I said in a cheerful voice trying to sound instant, "hi I'm Harry" replied the bear in thunderous expression, it was relieving to her someone speak but at the same time my heart was pounding like he was going to gobble me up like a jar of honey! "Are you going to eat me "I stammered in a treble of fright, "no" replied Harry calmly, well at least I was safe with him.
At that moment from the corner of my eye I noticed a wound in the bears shoulder, a gun wound! "What happed to your shoulder" I asked sternly "curiosity killed the cat" Harry grunted as if he knew something I didn't know. Minutes soon to be hours later I got the answer that destiny didn't answer for me, "your mother is still out there, I saved her on the night the beast attacked" Harry confessed in deep thought, "we move in the morning" Harry said quickly.
The next morning I found myself on the move! I was cradled in a palm leaf. I looked up, I was being carried by an eagle! "CAW CAW" "AAARRGGGHH" I screamed back "CAW CAW" the drop was at least 100 feet! "I saw your mother yesterday in the desert" cawed the eagle. Was I really going to see my mother again?
After what felt like forever, we reached the desert. The only problem now was to find the right fox!
"MOTHER" I called "HUNTER?" replied a voice, then I noticed a cub sitting next to her was a cub, a sister! As I cradled my sister everything fell into place!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!