The Special Star

Do you ever dream of the stars? How they seem to just sit and watch as the planets orbit the sun for millions of years on end. Does it ever make your spine tingle when you think, "Dinosaurs saw the same stars"?
Then this is the story for you, and it all begins with 016 (she doesn't have a name so let's call her that), the smallest star of the galaxy, and by far the "least important' according to her statistics. She said her reasoning behind this was because there are millions of stars in the night sky, and most of which don't have a name, some of the more popular stars are seeked out in the sky but the others are just "little grains of sand on a beach" as the more popular are a shell, or a sandstone that most try to collect, but she is the grain of sand that everyone just walks over.
016 likes to just watch the planets as they orbit the Sun, creating some of those rare moments in time like eclipses. Then one day a comet blazed by her, interrupting her Zen moment of peace and tranquillity and an idea snagged in her mind. Well, more like a question and instantly began working at it.
The question was:
Just what makes each individual human on Earth different?
016 then came up with the ultimate answer to her questions. And it went like this:
Each human on Earth has a different set of traits and dreams, each making them the people they are. But humans also learn something from one another, so when you add another human's influence it might make their dreams change so by the time they have grown up they might choose to do one thing more than another.
And some people decide to change the way the Earth is, to create a solution some choose to lead a country because that is what their heart truly desires and some choose to simply get a job and have a family.
But it's their heart that makes everyone different.
So 016 decided, that just like humans she'd follow her heart and shine her own way, because even a small star shines in the dark.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!