The Night Of My Life

Last year on this very same day. I couldn't sleep. I was kept awake by the sounds like "vroom, crash, clatter and bang!!” It kept me awake until 1:30 a.m. I went upstairs to have a cup of water. I look outside through the window and see a faint glow of red, orange and yellow. I hear "eeeorr eeeorre" It was the sound of a fire engine coming up the mountain.
I realised what the glow in the window was ... I quickly ran to the deck and looked down my street I saw people of Number 4 Drive and the neighbours staring at a burning house. There were people crying and all I could hear was the blazing sound of the fire "whoosh titter titter" the sound of the tin roof warming up. I had to do something; maybe someone was still in there.
I ran down the stairs and I grabbed my longest hose which was 500m long. I connected it to my tap and sprinted down my drive way and down to house Number 4 Drive. At the bottom, Ms Bridgestone was screaming and crying saying ‘NO my daughter she still in there!"" help help!" I held the hose and thought what to do. I grabbed Mrs Bridgestone's coat put it on and ran into the house. I heard the sound of a baby crying “wah wah!" I knew it wasn't the best idea, but a life could be saved I went upstairs and inside was a baby girl.
I couldn't breathe! I quickly grabbed the girl and ran. I got outside and passed out. I could heard faint noises like "eeor eeor!" the fire brigade and ambulance arriving and people picking me up and dragging we down the front lawn with the girl in my hands. I saved a life, but almost lost mine.
I was slightly awake I could hear people chatting and the sound of air getting pumped into my lungs "whoosh whoosh!" My eyes open, I was in hospital room lying in a bed with a gas mask covering my face I fell asleep with faint sound of rain in the distance "pit pat pit pat pitter patter," The next morning I woke up with flowers next to my bed that was the craziest night of my life and I'll never forget it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!