Untitled

A bell alarming in the student’s ear, people still rushing through the gate; hoping the teachers don't notice they're late for role call. As Yana walked the steel gates of hell, she knew today wouldn't be any different than the others. She came from Syria to Australia, Most of her family were living there, It was only Yana and her Mother who were still in Syria. They decided to take a boat to Australia to reunite with their family.
Tragically on the way there, Yana's mother became very ill, and died after a serious stroke on the boat. Yana was alone. She cried every day until the boat safely made it to Australia. After arriving, and finally making it through the Detention Centre, she reunited with her father and two older brothers. Yana then told her family the news about their mother, and everything went downhill from there.
Yana arrived at her new home. Her father unlocked the front door. "Welcome to your new home Sweety!" he said, enthusiastically. The stench of darkness surrounded her. The feeling of danger swarmed through her body. Yana didn't like this new house, it was too scary. That night, her father seemed tense any angry. Clenched fists, veins popping out of his neck, teeth grinding. "Are you alright Father?!" Yana questioned. All of a sudden ... SHOVE!! Yana was pushed to the ground with great force. She was shaking with fear. Her Father then kept punching and slapping, everything went BLACK.
Yana's eyes slowly opened. She was lying on her stomach. Yana had forgotten everything that happened that night. She tried to move her arms, they wouldn't move. She then tried her legs, wouldn't move either. Yana forced herself to roll onto her back. Straight after she did, everything was painful. Piercing knifes digging into the muscles, body weakening. Everything went BLACK.
2 months later, Yana was about to start at her new school. She couldn't wait to be in what she thought would be a better place than home with her abusive father, or so she thought. As she through the gates, her smile slowly deteriorated. Yana's first day panned out like this. Locked in garbage bin for over 2 hours, then bullied by teachers, students and staff, and finally beaten up until becoming unconscious. Yana's life has been that exact same every day for over 6 years now. She is 17, and still getting beaten up. She has no friends and no one to support her. Everyone she knows is against her. Every night, Yana praise for help and that she can have a better life than this. After that, she then beaten up by her father and brothers, until she becomes unconscious once more. Will she ever get a better life? You Decide.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!