The Night The Creature Went Whoop

The night was long, the wind drifted across the suburb carrying howling noises from creatures far away. The moon glistened in the boy's eye, dust twinkling and gliding into the mist. A deafening cry in the east echoed across the valley, a cry like a screeching bat. Ben woke up, annoyed eyes staring out into the darkness, wooden planks creaked to the sound of tiptoeing feet. A jacket was grabbed and some boots then the door swished open and then it was quiet.
The cold breeze froze the trees, creaking seesaws played to the sound of crows. Boots slapped against the cold damp pathway. The trees stood firm hiding away the forest, leaning over fences like stone giants. A strong and quick enough start would have enough propelled power to jump it. Fast legs jolted and lunged Ben's body across the fence, a hint of excitement filled Ben's face as he continues on in the dark night. That feeling was drained out to the sight of a hollow entry. Leaves rustled and screeching noises softened. A leg, and then one more went in, pitch black Ben turned away and went for the exit until a growl came from within. Blue beady eyes floated in the air like a ghost. Everything went dark, first loss of smell then sight. Fluff followed by litres of drool buried him under.
Ben’s head hit hard on the dusty ground. A shadowy figure pounced on top of him wrestling him to the floor. It weighed him down so much he couldn't move. He took a quick glance and found a Baby Leopard sitting in his hands, blue eyes hid an ocean away with albino fur covering its whole body. A wheezing noise came from the Leopard’s chest. Dust swirling like a sandstorm, it must be hurt. Ben felt empathy…He knew he must help it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!