The New House

One night before bed, Tim and his sister Catherine were upstairs when mum suddenly shouted loudly “Tim and Catherine can you come down here now?” When they were walking down the stairs they heard mum and dad cheering happily. They entered the living room and mum told them they were moving tomorrow.
Tim was shocked and blurted out “Where?"
“By the beach. Near your grandpa,” they replied.
Tim was speechless and started walking back to his room for bed. He started thinking about the house. ‘What it was going to look like?’ he thought to himself. We will see tomorrow and he flopped onto his bed tired after a busy day.
Tim is 13, he is very protective of his little sister Catherine who is 10 and is worried how the move will affect her. Tim is ok with change as long as it's not too major. The move however is major and Tim is worried as he loves where he lives now. He has a few friends who he goes out and plays sports with, he is also not very outgoing and finds it hard to make new friends and he is hoping he can still see his friends when he moves. Tim is tall for his age and has dark features with brown curly hair and brown eyes. His family are very close and love doing things together like bike riding and going to the football. Tim is hoping this move will not change too much and they will still be able to go out together.
The next morning, Tim was suddenly woken up by the noise of the rusty moving van pulling into the driveway and mum and dad packing boxes. When Tim walked down he made himself some breakfast and sat next to Catherine and started talking about the new house and how is it going to be having our next meal on the floor cause the chairs and furniture will be packed up in the van. Just as he finished mum shouted, “Go in your room get dressed because we are leaving now.”
Tim said, “Ok” scared and a little worried.
When Tim was in his room getting changed he thought to himself ‘Is it going to be bad, good or ok?’ Tim didn't know what to think right now. When Tim and Catherine sat in the car and slammed the door shut and did his belt up he was excited but also still worried. On the way, Tim stared out the window and sat silent. He must have dozed off because when the car parked up he bounced up and opened his eyes seeing if it's what he expected. When his eyes adjusted he saw a big two story house with cracks on the roof, dead trees all around the garden that made it look dark and gloomy, 'Hopefully it's nicer inside' he thought.
When Tim's family opened the big dark door and went inside it was no different from the outside, dark and scary so there is no telling what can happen next.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!