The Crazy Adventure

Some people think that twins are the same, but I am telling you now that they are wrong. Katie and Peter can prove that.
Katie loved reading. She always had her head in a book, yet Peter was always out in the yard playing sport. He was sick of Katie reading all day, every day, so he decided to do something about it.
That afternoon a scientist was experimenting down by the lake. He was trying to make a mixture to get things to disappear. He threw a rock in, and it vanished! He cheered and ran off to tell everyone about his amazing invention.
Peter did not know this, and when he dumped Katie's books into the lake, they were gone. He found this very weird, as anyone would. He told Katie, but she didn't believe him until she saw it was true. She was quite surprised.
"We have to tell someone," said Peter. As he turned around, he tripped over and fell into the lake, knocking Katie in with him.
After what felt like only a second, they were in a strange land. Peter had no idea where they were, but Katie knew completely.
"We're at Hogwarts! That's where Harry Potter goes to school! But they're right in the middle of the battle of Hogwarts!"
"The what?"
"The battle of- DUCK!"
"The battle of duck?"
"DUCK!" Katie yanked him down as a spell flew over them. She saw one of her books on the ground and picked it up.
They instantly transported to a different place. There was a yellow brick road, and a scarecrow, tin man, lion, dog and girl were walking down it.
"We're in the Wizard of Oz!" said Katie, then looked at the book she was holding-The Wizard of Oz. Then it hit her.
"Peter, we need to find more books!"
They travelled through more stories. Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Garfield, The Treehouse Books, Black Beauty, and soon they were in a story about aliens.
"How do we get out of here?" asked Peter. "Aliens don't read!"
Katie looked around. "How are we breathing? We're in space!"
"We're in a story, so it's not really space." Peter pointed out. At that moment, monsters of green slime started inching their way over to them.
"RUN!" yelled Peter, diving off of the planet. Katie hesitated but then followed. As she floated around she remembered - she had a pocket book! She took it out and they changed places. They were in a bedroom.
"I'm sick of this," whined Peter. "How are we ever going to get home?"
Katie looked at the bookshelf that was in the room. There was a thick book with 'Write 4 Fun' on the cover. She touched it and they went in.
They went through stories, all about different things. Soon they went into one that was very familiar -The Crazy Adventure! They were back home!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!