Milly And The Unexpected Knock

One dark strange night, no one dared to go outside. Milly and her family were sitting down enjoying a meal when a soft creepy knock hit their front door. It was Milly's turn to answer it so she stormed off to the door. The little girl opened it to see no one. The only thing she saw was a black and white pair of the most expensive brand of shoes. When she got inside she wondered why someone would leave a pair of the most expensive brand of shoes lying around. Her sister Tilly questioned who it was but Milly wasn't sure what to say so she just said the postman.
The next day Milly had to go to school but after she would still investigate more. Finally school had finished and the two sisters were happily walking home. While the two girls were walking home Milly had been listening to other people talking about the mysterious knocking on the doors. She decided she wanted to be their HERO!!!!!
When they got home Milly bolted upstairs into the attic to study peacefully when she noticed that there was this strange red door standing in the middle of the room. Milly has heard stories lots of about the door and that if you open it the door will suck you in and you will not be able to go back home. "Hey Milly what are you doing the attic?” asked Tilly. "Nothing Tilly just one question. Do you know anything about this red door?" replied Milly. "Actually I do. When I was little I always wondered what was behind the door so one day I decided to take a {oak behind it. When I opened it the inside was a plain white hut then there was a blackout. When I woke the only thing around me was a houseful of sand. After that I had to search for the red door." Tilly answered dramatically. Milly was desperate to find out who it was that is knocking on their door and how to stop them.
Then without being told to stop she jumped through the door. After 20 minutes of waiting the little girl had already made up a very successful plan. Her plan was to collect a bucket of sand and then throw it on the person who was knocking because they were invisible. Then she would dial 000. She had finally got the bucket of sand that she needed. The sweet little girl bolted down stairs and shot out the door as quickly as possible. When she got outside she realized that her sister was right. That the door had moved away from the sandy house. Milly started to panic. She got really scared that she would not find the door or her she would never see her family again.
Milly had been walking for miles and it took ages until she found a hidden village!!!!!! She ran down to the cottages to go see if anyone lived there. She knocked on the first door but that was no success so Milly tried the next door. Out of the little wooden door came a little old lady that knew everything in the whole entire world. Milly asked the old lady if she knew were the red magical door was. The lady kindly told her the directions.
Milly was happily safe and sound at home and was ready to put her plan in action. The brave girl waited until she heard the knocking sound and then ran to go pour the sand all over the criminal. Finally the criminal was caught and driven to the police station to be put in jail. Milly's mission was complete and the whole of Celebration Avenue had a huge party to celebrate the capture of the criminal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!