The Pegasus

"Mum, be quiet!" I shouted.
My Mum was once again telling me stupid fairy tales that weren't even real. I was getting really annoyed so I decided to get some fresh air by going to see my pet horse, Neigh-Neigh. She was my only company apart from Mum because my Dad was always working. Mum gets angry with me because I'm always saying Dad never spends any time with us. I keep telling her that it's true but all she talks about is her Pegasus stories.
Pegasus is a flying horse that will grant 3 wishes, well 2 wishes now, since one of the wishes had already been used by Mazuka, the most selfish person alive. Mazuka made his wish and caused severe damage to everything within 1 mile of Pegasus's hollow tree. As a result he was forbidden from going near Pegasus ever again. However, he still guards Pegasus in order to prevent her from sharing her magic with anyone else.
I didn't believe the story of Pegasus of course, until one day when my Dad had a heart attack at work and died. I cried when I heard the news and asked Mum if there was any way we could bring him back to life. She told me that the only way was to find Pegasus.
"I wouldn't have the faintest idea where she was," I told her.
"Legend has it," she replied, "that Pegasus lives 10 miles from here beneath a hollow tree. Once you find her she'll give you special wishing beans that will grant your wishes."
I'd heard all I needed so I sprinted away to fetch my bicycle before cycling up the steep hill.
Two hours later I came to a halt in front of a tree that was hollow inside with a secret tunnel at the bottom. I clambered inside and then suddenly slipped. I slid down the tunnel before reaching the bottom. I was relieved because there, at the end of the tunnel, was Pegasus. She was beautiful! She had a gleaming white body, silky mane and big sparkling blue eyes. I took the beans she'd pushed towards me and said thank you before leaving.
I ran back to the tunnel's entrance but before I could get there I heard a loud THUD! It was Mazuka. He was very broad and extremely tall. He lunged at me, forcing me to the ground where I knocked my head. Luckily, Pegasus flew towards me and managed to get me onto her back so she could fly me out of the tunnel and back home.
Once home I planted the beans that Pegasus had given me and they grew almost immediately. I made my wishes and everything went back to normal, except better. Dad earnt enough money to stop working and Pegasus didn't want to go back to her home so she moved into our paddock with Neigh-Neigh and they had a young foal. We named her Peggie-Neigh.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!