Sanctus

2 6 9 12 18 17 227 49 78
2 6 9 12 18 17 227 49 78
2 6 9 12 18 17 22-
“Xavier!” My mum screams. “We are leaving now! If you don’t come, I will have to drag you into the car!”
Mum sounds frustrated. She must have been yelling for a while. How long was I thinking about those numbers? Those numbers, the ones that have popped into my head ever since I found that marked stone in the forest near our house. It was the most fantastic stone I’d ever seen.
“Xavier! We are leaving!”
I’m getting side-tracked. I need to head downstairs and get in the car. I open the door with a mighty swing. I run down stairs as fast as I can. Suddenly I remember the stone. I quickly run upstairs to retrieve the stone, ignoring Mum’s yells. I can hear Dad joining in too. “I’m coming! I’m coming!” I yell. I practically jump down the stairs and run outside.
I stop and stare as I see the car drive away. They really did leave me. I drop to my knees and I stare at the stone. I look at it with disgust. They have left me. They left me because of my obsession with this stupid stone. I slowly stand up and walk back into my house grimly. I throw stone somewhere. I hear a crash. I don’t care.
That night I go outside. I go out in the backyard whilst I wait for my pizza order. My family are going on a holiday for 2 days. I must look after myself.
I see something glisten in the corner of my eye. I steadily walk over to it. It’s the stone.
Something about the stone makes it seem new. It looks different. The markings have changed. Instead of simply being swirls and curls surrounding the stone, there are lines going through the swirls and curls. Some of the swirls even overlap. It’s magnificent. It’s the most fantastic stone I’d ever seen.
2 6 9 12 18 17 227 49 78
The thought of those numbers makes the stone turn hot. It’s starts to glow purple. I drop it and scream. I run to the other side of the backyard. The stone glows more. It almost looks like it’s going to catch on fire.
2 6 9 12 18 17 227 49 78
What do the numbers mean? I feel dizzy. I collapse on the floor. I start to shake. I begin to roll around everywhere. Am I going insane?
2 6 9 12 18 17 227 49 78
My body urges itself to run to the stone. I don’t want to. I pick up the stone and throw it at the sky.
The sky catches fire.
2 6 9 12 18 17 227 49 78
I know what the numbers mean.
2 6 9 12 18 17 227 49 78.
We are all falling.
2 6 9-
universe end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!