Heartbroken

Moving on was a bad thing. Especially when your crush gets a girlfriend.

My heart shattered into pieces as I got the message through text. I could feel the tears in my eyes, wanting to escape, wanting to show my sadness. I didn’t know how to respond. I felt played, led on, anger, all these emotions that I didn’t enjoy experiencing.

Pain and heartbreak hurt my body and mind, causing me to feel dizzy. I hated the feelings that my body contained. A deep frown was planted on my face, trying to hide the sorrow that was swimming around my body.

My fingers tapped away on my phone’s keyboard, the words I had produced expressing my pain and anger. I knew I was hurting him but I didn’t care. I wanted him to know that I was hurting. I wanted him to know that he had hurt me.

All I was getting were one word answers from him, which made my anger worsen. Those answers had produced more tears in my eyes. I knew he didn’t care. Those tears were now rolling down my cheeks, escaping my sockets one by one,rolling down my face and landing on the pillow, wetting and staining the case.

Apologizes were coming through to me from my best friend, but I wasn’t in the mood for it. I need to go, I needed to get away from it all. He was causing me too much suffering and grief and it was too much for me to handle.

Finally getting the chance to get away from the madness and pain, I put my phone down and placed my hands over my eyes, getting rid of the tear tracks that marked my face. I was heartbroken for good. My best friend and crush had officially gotten a girlfriend and broke me into pieces. I was crushed. I was feeling way too many emotions.

That day, I was going to a magical place, Disney Land, a place where dreams come true and the worse thing was that it was my birthday, my special day, my sweet sixteen.

Who knew that someone could break you so hard.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!