Voice Of An Angel

“Get lost BEN-JA-MIN” yelled Lara, my sister. I was just asking for her opinion on my singing, she must just be SO jealous. I went to mum and dad, they were both teachers, but I’ve got to say, they didn’t do the best job of it. Take a spelling test for example. When they mark it, they still have to get the dictionary out to check if the words are correct. When I managed to ask them if my voice sounded as good as an angel, they just replied with something utterly rude, like, “mmm, go and do your homework, or, not right now ben!” It was ridiculous!

The reason why I was asking if I could sing like an angel was, nanna and papa told me the answer to being popular, is singing.
Mum, dad and Lara all replied with extremely and utterly rude answers to my singing, and that is why I have entered myself into a world-famous singing competition, to prove them ALL wrong, it was tonight!

Surprisingly, the day passed rather quickly and it was almost my turn to sing. “Do you want to go first?” I asked to an odd looking boy behind me. “No” he answered without another word. “And now for Benjamin Morrel!” To be honest, there weren’t that many cheers, as I wasn’t that popular. But I was going to be soon! I shuffled out onto the stage, my legs barely carrying me. Once I reached the microphone, I turned and ran backstage, this was to terrifying for me! The curtains went down. When they came back up, all you could see was 2 strong guards pushing me on stage. I tried to sprint back, but they wouldn’t budge until I reached the microphone. Then, I remembered, I had to prove mum, dad and Lara wrong. I started to sing! “La la-la la,” my voice started to crack! “La, la, la, la.” after I finished, everyone started pointing and laughing.
It was humiliating!

After the world-famous singing competition, it all turned out to be okay. I ended up being popular and having many more friends than I did. They all thought that giving a world-famous singing competition a crack, was amazing, and I loved how they were proud of me!
I guess singing is the answer to being popular!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!