Kapital

Kapital

Light cannot be created without darkness, much like rain can’t come without a storm. Even the oak tree is rooted in the grimy, gritty soil…

Kapital, a place of equity. An interconnected society, each life a viridescent leaf connected to a branch, a sturdy trunk, twisted roots…speared into granular dirt. Each leaf is satisfied by the tree’s system; the tree itself is content for it would wither without its leaves, left to the biting teeth of the cold nights. The eaves are oblivious to their positions on the tree but continue to bare their faces to the gentle sun. Their life’s work is the same mundane photosynthesis procedure but it doesn’t trouble them much because that’s the role they germinated to fulfil.

It’s much the same in Kapital really, a systematic society reliant on it’s population for it’s continual survival. The society is both segmented and inextricably connected. Laid out in the geometric composition of three overlapping circles united by a common origin. This formation creates a common overlap in the centre, merging the three individual circles together. This inner segment ‘Intelekt’ is the stump of society, holding the equivalent of parliamentary bodies, court systems and law enforcement. Kapital relies on a system of public morality, trusting justice to righteous ethics instilled through their educational system. Crime is inevitable because human nature of doubt, insecurity and fear can never be truly eradicated. However, Intelekt provides means of mediation, rehabilitation, equity and a sense of remedy for the cause which triggered the crime. The three segments outstretching from the origin is home to education and services such as hospitals, fire fighting stations, supply stores and domestic housing. The final segments of the circles are the only sections which don’t overlap, the agricultural sections. This is where the citizens can be found in abundance, amongst rolling hills, between stalks of corn, underneath sheets of blue and rays of gold. Not many people enter Kapital anymore, it’s location is unknown to the outside world. Every citizen tells me how blessed I am to have been granted access as a first rate citizen within their borders, but I know the truth.

All whom live here agree that Kapital outranks all other societies, comparing them to the doomed societies they read about in their history books. Perhaps. Perhaps not. For the citizens of Kapital are oblivious to it’s dirt foundation; a secret veins within this perfect system. It coils all the way back to Kapital’s creation

Before Kapital was the teeming system it is today, it was a small ecovillage with a smaller population they call ‘The Originals’. These Originals realised their fortune upon discovering the land’s arable qualities, being able to grow the most luscious of foliage, the sweetest of fruits, the fullest vegetables. Understanding that they’re in danger of constant pilgrimaging, they built a circular wall around their ecovillage and once they’d expanded to the border they built a second circle and prepared for their first societal leap. The shadowed night concealed the dark deeds bringing changelings to Kapital; the Originals stole human tots from surrounding societies in the outside world and brought them within their circular walls, raising them as their own, instilling their ethical code within the children from near birth.



Survival of the fittest…Perfect ideology dictated by tyrants portrayed as prophets…Kapital, a place of equity.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!