Raindrops

Dan gripped the wheel harder as the raindrops from the open car window blended in with his tears. He quickly wiped them away, trying to not expose how sad he truly was even though no one was around. As he gripped harder, he could feel his hands burning from the amount of pressure being put on them. As he drove, he passed a sign stating a town that he had never heard of before, he didn't even know where he was. All the stress of the day could be felt in his white knuckles clenching onto the wheel. His tears continued to fall as he suddenly didn't care about them anymore and started to blast his music louder as if to block out the ringing in his ears. His phone below him was buzzing, alerting him that he had missed 7 calls from his best friend, Phil. Why would Phil care about him anymore? He was just a sad boy who probably meant nothing in this big world. Dan started cursing the God who had put him onto this planet. He didn't want to be here if he was going to mean nothing. Dan turned the radio up louder again, his ears felt numb to the sound now. With all the strength left in him, which wasn't a lot, he sung along to the music. He tightly closed his eyes, the sting of the hot tears collided with the negative thoughts in his head. Just as he opened his eyes, the first and last thing that he saw was a big truck coming towards him. And just like that, he no longer feared death but just excepted it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!