I Just Want To Dye

As I woke up for school, a cold tear ran down my face. “It is today, school”. As I rolled out of my bed, I slowly gathered all my things into my bag. As I was making my way to the door, my feet got 200 pounds’ heavier. As my mum waved me goodbye I made my way out the door. As I walked to school I knew that today would rain. It would be gray. Today I would not smile. Well, it wasn’t much different to any other day. As I made my way into the school grounds, everyone was staring at me. Then one group came up to me. “Hey, kid did your mama kiss his little baby goodbye, ha ha ha ha”. Then everyone followed. I slammed my body into the wall and fell to the floor. As the bell rang, I could not hear the ring sound I could only hear laughter. “HA HA HA HA”. As I made my way up the steps, I felt like I could not go on anymore. I grabbed my stuff that I would need and lined up out side the class room. The black walled classroom. I walked in and sat at the back of the class room where no one could see me, or talk to me. “Welcome class, today we are going to be sharing how we feel at school”. All I saw was people looking at me, weighting for something to pop out of my mouth. Like I was a free million-dollar jackpot ticket. “Nerezza, would you like to hear your feelings”. Said the teacher trying to smile. “Ya darkness ha ha ha ha ha”. They call me darkness because in Italian the word Nerezza means "darkness". The teacher looked at the boy and then looked at me “Nerezza……….. can you hear?”. Said the teacher in a quiet polite voice “Umm……………, I Um………..”. I needed to watch what I was saying, if I said the wrong thing, they would tease me for the rest of my life. “Um… I like school and Umm…. Ya, that is it”. I sat down on my cold chair. The air was smoky. I felt even worse. As I was eating lunch they came up to me. “hey kid, do you like that boy over there?”. He said in a manly voice. “no…………. I am alright”. I said quietly “OK THEN”. He shouted. He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the boy. He pulled me up and tried to pull our heads together. But unfortunately, he was stronger. He pushed our heads together and forced us to kiss. At that point, I wanted to punch him out but I took a deep breath. 3 seconds later I ran off crying. When I got home, I laid on my bed and said “this is it” as the cold blue tears were running down my face, I went into my cabinet. I got a knife, pencil, newspaper, glue, and paper. When my mum woke up she saw a dead body and a note saying “it is all his fault, he broke my heart and now I will break his.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!