Tennis On The Moon

Once upon a time there was a cute snow tiger called Blizz. He lived in the sea and was very happy. Then one day he decided he would like to visit land. On his journey to the place called land he listened to David Bowie’s newest song ‘Space Oddity’. Blizz had a good look around but wished to return to his favourite place in the sea. On his journey back home he was suddenly attacked by pirates who appeared out of nowhere. Blizz was captured and put in a cannon. The mean pirates then shot poor Blizz off to the moon.

Blizz landed safely on the moon just as a moo cow was rolling off. Soon after he was approached by a dog in a mini spaceship. Actually it was 2 dogs. No wait… it was 3 dogs and also a lion. They introduced themselves to Blizz. The dogs were called Buff, Duke and Tala. The lion was called Bushy.

“Wanna play tennis” said Duke. “What”? exclaimed Blizz. Duke continued, “Do you want to play us at tennis and if you lose you can be Bushy’s dinner”. “Yummy Yum” said Bushy. “And if you win we will send you back to Earth”. “Just like that Moo Cow” added Buff. Blizz replied, “Even though I haven’t play tennis in 3 years, I will accept your tennis challenge”. “Good, let’s get started straight away. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that you have to beat all of us”.

First up was the tennis game between Blizz and Duke. Duke was scared that he would lose and Bushy would have no dinner. The pressure got to him and Blizz was able to win easily. The second tennis game was Blizz up against Buff. Buff was good but not good enough to beat Blizz in a close match. Next was Blizz playing against Tala. Tala was the best dog tennis player and the tennis match was really close. But in the end Blizz came through and won the game. Lastly, Blizz had to play Bushy the lion. Bushy was a great tennis player and he was hungry for his dinner too. Bushy was full of energy and it was a tough game. The scores were very close but in the end Blizz finally won the match and the tennis battle was finally over.

Before Blizz headed back home the snow tiger, the 3 dogs and the lion became good friends. Then Buff pushed Blizz off the moon just like they did to the moo cow. On his way back to his home in the sea, Blizz listened to David Bowie’s latest song again ‘Space Oddity’. Blizz also looked out for any nasty pirates too. Luckily for Blizz they were gone.

Then in a week or two Blizz caught up with Buff, Duke, Tala and Bushy. They played tennis again but this time Bushy promised he wouldn’t try to eat Blizz for dinner if he lost!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!