Many Worlds

‘Hey, Kayla!’ Tara yelled flinging her arms around me.
‘Hi, Tara!’ I exclaimed hugging her back. ‘I haven’t seen you in forever! Probably because of camp and holidays!’
‘Yeah, I missed you! Find anything exciting at home?’
‘Well, kind of, don’t tell anyone! Follow me!’ I then jumped on my bike and pedalled towards home, Tara followed me without questioning.
As I ride up to the house I stop pedalling and leave my bike at the big stone door before pushing it open and running towards the door that leads to the “basement”.
‘TA-DA, LET’S GO!’ I grab Tara's hand and pull her towards the bright red door, but as soon as we got to the other side I knew something was wrong.
‘IT WAS MEANT TO BE RAINBOW ROW NOT GOBLIN GORGE!’I yell fear rising as I looked around before pointing to the gorge The for grabbing her hand and Running across the old rickety bridge
‘This isn't meant to happen. What's the time?’ I asked desperately
A nearby fairy answers ‘10:29 Why?’ looking at her wrist.
‘What is going on!’ Tara screeches ‘Is this a prank?’
‘NO!’I said ‘Hey, what are you? What world are we in?
‘We are Siamese twins’ they answer ‘I’m Milly’ one started ‘And I'm Lily’ the other ended ‘ And you are in Goblin Gorge’
Somewhere in the distance, a bell clanged.
‘Oh no!’The fairy and the siamese twins answered
The fairy took charge ‘Come on’ She ordered marching off in the direction of the house but as her hand reaches for the knob we hear a voice we all jump then I realise that it is just Tara asking if we had to go in but the fairy doesn’t answer instead she ushers us inside and as we sit down Tara asks ‘What does the bell mean?’
‘Feeding time’ the fairy replies grimly

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!