Sandy Battlefields


Far away in the town of Burns town WA, a young boy James, is waiting for his presents to be unwrapped as he turns 13. His parents by his side along with his brother ben.

“Wow!” James yells as he unwraps a ps4 with the new game battlefield included. James gives his parents a big hug and asks if he can go try it out. “Sure,” says mum. James runs to the lounge room and opens the box. Cords go everywhere while trying to put it together. After a good 25 minutes, it was ready, and so was James. Out of the case comes battlefield and into the disk tray it goes.

After 3 hours of playing, James was fast asleep with the ps4 still playing. “Bang,” the noise of a gunshot wakes him up. To his amazement he finds himself surrounded by desert with a few buildings in the distance. “Argh!” James screams as he finds a camera watching his every move. “Help me,” yells James,” where am I.” The camera just ignores his scream for help. ”Bang, bang, bang,” bullets fly everywhere as a man comes running towards me with a gun in his hand. To James’ surprise he notices a little piece of writing above his head saying the name ‘Jack Martin05’. James forgets about it for now and decides to run for the houses a few hundred metres away.

James reaches the house with the man hot on his tail. He goes upstairs and looks out the window. ”Help,” he yells desperately through the window of the house. He’s than able to spot a car in the distance about two houses away from his location. James makes a run downstairs to get out the back door. He gets to the house with the car besides it making sure he was not seen. The car looked like a piece of junk from 100 years ago but it had the power to get him somewhere safe and away from the small town.

While driving around James started to wonder why everything seemed like that game battlefield he played before he fell asleep. From the nametags above the head of other people which he believed were people across the world playing together. To the camera following his every move and the maps you play on, he started to believe he was in the game. With no idea of how to get out of it he started to think and before he could he felt himself move around. “Oh no,” James thinks to himself as his brother Ben starts to play the game. “Nooo” he screams as his brother starts to control James.

Out of nowhere bombs start raining from the sky as a plane drives by and drops them on James blowing him to bits. Ben is outraged over the death and starts to wimp. The TV suddenly opens up with James bursting out of it.

“What just happened,” screamed ben. ”I’m sure it was nothing,” replied James.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!