Magnetised

Excellence Award in the 'Write Here Write Now 2017' competition

She gripped her hand tightly; she was the only person Macy had trusted with her
secret so far ... Now that Judith was old enough she would understand. As they crept and sneaked out into the black of the wet and displeasing night, Macy staggered to a halt. She slowly reached her hand out into the bulging light and suddenly the London highway lamppost crept down to meet her. Judith gasped
in shock, she was amazed at what had just unfolded in front of her tired weary young eyes.
Then weirdly they heard a tussle and scratch in the bush. They reached in ever so carefully and found a man with a video camera. The busted man, in a creepy voice, told them to get into his car. The girls' knowledge of kidnappers wasn't very strong. They reluctantly got in; luckily this man wasn't a kidnapper.
He took them home and told the girls' parents all about this mind-blowing ordeal. Macy had no option, but to confess her power to her parents.
The next day the media had congregated out the front of Macy's and Judith's old but stylish home. They managed to escape, with their parents help, to their family farm. Unfortunately, they found that the media had chased them there as well. The family made the tough decision of just giving up and showing the media, as they were sick of being harassed. Hopefully by showing them, the media would leave them alone.
So Macy bravely and cautiously stepped out on the street. It didn't work. Macy could see Judith with her sad puppy dog eyes starring right at her. Suddenly, everyone started calling the man that saw them all those days ago a fraud.
Disappointedly the crowd left in sadness. In a couple of days it would all forgotten as it would be old news.
A few weeks later Macy and Judith were holding hands in the kitchen, when Macy put her hand out and a spoon catapulted towards her. She realised that for her powers to work she needed her sister Judith with her. It was like they were magnets one being the North Pole and one being the South Pole.
Twenty years later as Macy was sitting in her chair, sipping coffee, she had a giant satisfied grin on her face. She looked up and knows her powers will live on, through her twin boys, as they tussle over magnetic Lego which is catapulting towards them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!