Have You Locked The Door?

hinking to myself regretfully why just, why didn't I lock that door? How dumb could I possible get? Close to tears I desperately tried to think of some evil minded devil who could of done this to my poor innocent sister, Summer. Suddenly I threw into a rage, angry at the killer for killing Summer, angry at myself for being so forgetful, than the rage turned into pure fear. Is he still in the house? I didn't realize it ‘till just now.. Lexi had gone dead silent. Oh no! Have I now lost two sisters? Because if I had god only knows what would happen!
I bolted up the stairs faster than the speed of light, flying up 5 steps at a time. My mind was racing like a nascar at full speed of what scenarios could of happened. Is she sleeping? Is she just being quiet? Oh no… I didn't want to think that but somehow my brain forced me to. Is she,i-i-is she she d-d-dead forcing the tears back and finally getting to the top of the stairs. A humongous wave of relief washed over me.
She was sleeping as sound as a rock. Crying tears of joy I flopped onto the bed exhausted. There was no time for sleeping because I still had to figure out what happened.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!