The First Fleet

I was attempting to steal a loaf of bread. Known as a convict now, I was caught and sent to London with the other prisoners locked inside a mossy cage. Luckily the prisons were to overcrowded so I was transported to the new colony along with other mates of mine. I remember the judge saying "If you stole more bread than you had just did you would have been sent to the gallows for death". All I wanted to do was to assist my family into having a better and much more succesful lifetime throughout the past but, from now on that is not going to happen without me. I was put on a ship called the Sirius with 700 other convicts. I was not ready for this long and disastrous trip. Eight months later we had finally arrived at Botony Bay. As we landed I had most certainly realized that it was much more better than being locked in a prison cell but, the bad thing was the 700 other convicts and I had to build a shelter for all of us to share. Here, there was no freedom at all. I was forced to work in the very hot sun, clearing the land for the new homes that were coming into place for the new officers. This was called the Penal Colony. Then there was a sudden change in the landscape. It was called the 'Gold Rush'. This was known to be in the 1850's. The best opportunity in getting the gold was that you could roam the grounds for free. Then, something unfortunate happened. It caused a huge amount of violence and fights and it was known as the 'Eureka Stockade'. It was a huge disagreement involving federation and causing lots of chaos. It was very hard to live without my family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!