The First Penguin To Go Into Space

Deep in Antarctica there was living in an igloo a very keen penguin that wanted to go into space. His name was Benny. So Benny found some things to build a rocket. To build himself a spacesuit he found an old clear plastic bowl for his helmet and then he found an old jetpack that had no fuel, so he filled it with air for an oxygen tank. The fuel didn’t exist anymore because the petrol station got blown down by a snowstorm. Benny filled the rocket with honey. Then he said goodbye to his mum and Dad and he zoomed off to the moon.
He arrived on the moon, hopped out of his rocket and he did the moon walk. Once he had a bit of a play he built a fort on the moon out of sand. He had a sleep in the fort for the night and then he met an Alien. The Alien’s name was Bob and then he met Bob’s family, but Bob had to go to school. Bob found some paper at school and made a card for Benny. Bob wrote it in Alien language so Benny couldn’t understand it but he still took it home with him. He said to Bob that he had to go back to his penguin family, so he zoomed off on his rocket.
On the way home he accidentally crashed into Pluto and he forgot how he built his rocket, but he tried and tried again to fix it and start the rocket again and luckily the last time he tried it worked. Benny was so hungry so he went looking for a fish before he went home but all he found was ice and a stinky old boot! Phoo!! But then he saw one small water hole that had one fish in it, so he put salt and pepper on it and ate it.
Benny hopped in his rocket for one last time and zoomed back to his Mum and Dad. He ate a big dinner, told his Mum and Dad that he loved them and he lived happily ever after.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!