That Girl

I’ve never been that girl. That girl who comes out of a relationship and instantly finds herself in another, effortlessly, like it was destiny. I guess it was just never destined for me to be that girl. That girl who people never stop confessing their unyielding love for them and how pretty they are. That girl who can get people to do anything for her all at the smack of her feather soft lips and a little hair flick. That girl who knows how to flirt properly and apply her makeup flawlessly. That girl who can upload a picture to social media and not find a million, insecurities, lurking at her fingertips as she presses the share button. I know I shouldn’t let these things define who I am but it’s like having no attention in this world is seen as an abnormality it is seen as wrong and I’m always forced to ask myself, “what’s wrong with me?.” But you know what maybe I was destined to be something else, something more. To be, that girl who just loves herself for who she is and doesn’t rely on attention. That girl who still has insecurities but at the end of the day just says, “Whatever.” Yeah, I want to be, that girl.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!