Under Arrest

Under Arrest

Boom, Boom, Boom! My heart is pounding. My feelings are expressions of fear and guilt. My legs are wobbling like jelly, I am sweating like never before. It is 4041. I miss my old life. I remember the fun my family had together. We used to laugh and tell jokes but now I have no family. My family left me. I’m feeling so lonely inside. No friends, no family, no home and you’re being chased by the police. I feel guilty. I broke into my work by smashing the window. I cracked the code on the safe and stole $80 000 cash. The company fired me and sent me to court. Now I’m running away from the police. Now I feel dreadful. I’m panting and sweating. I dashed into the nearest bush. Luckily, I saw something near a tree!

My heart was racing with excitement. Hope surged through my body, I was finally going to get away from the police. Under this tree was a machine, a hypocraft. I looked around, doors on either side and buttons everywhere. I wanted to explore! I turned the doorknob, locked. Just my luck. I am a burglar, I CAN break in…. SMASH! My bare foot went right through the glass. Blood was seeping from my bear feet. Why is my life this hard? I hopped in the hypocraft, tried to start the engine and a message appeared. Dear Captain Sawdust, to start this machine enter the secret password. Kind regards, Hypocraft. What luck, a secret password. What could it be?

My brain was tired, I had to think logically. I typed, Captain Sawdust. I hoped, I prayed. Oh no, a big red X appeared on the screen. I have been sitting here for more than two hours thinking of this STUPID SECRET PASSWORD! I think of nothing but old bones laying around in here, people bones. Captain Sawdust must kill people like me that enter his machine. Suddenly, out of the blue a great idea popped into my head! There must be some sort of clue in here. All these possibilities, I just can’t think. BANG! Just like that it came into my head.

Phew!! I feel so relieved! I typed bones and a green 100% appeared on the screen. The hypocraft went up and away. Finally, I relaxed and sleepily flicked the self navigation switch and welcomed a deep sleep. I woke, sirens bleating in my ears. They’re back. The police have tracked me down. Guns blast from the ground below me and the hypocraft goes down.
“You are under arrest.” The officer fastened the handcuffs tightly and drove me to the City Gaol. All my energy is drained out of me. I’m exhausted.

Now I have nothing except bars and a bucket for a toilet. I’m not given food and the Officer is constantly nagging. I feel weak. I am doubtful I’m going to last three years. I probably won't even last a month. I feel too tired to move.

I’ve woken up in heaven, all my mean spirits are drained out of me and my sins are washed away. I am finally a kind person. Best of all I am so happy to see my family here. For the first time in my whole life, and in death I feel special and unique in my own way.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!