That's The End

I hear screams. One by one. They echo throughout the town. The hairs on the back of my neck are raised and my arms are filled with goose bumps. What's going to happen now?
My name is Bella, Bella Hall, and I'm going to tell you the story of how the world ended right in front of my eyes, or better how I ended the world.
Have you ever had a day were you wish you could just skip? Well that was one of my days. It was a freezing cold day were even the heaters couldn't keep us warm. There was not a ray of sun in the sky. When I woke up this morning, I knew it was going to be another boring day. So I decided to read from my experiment book. As I flick through the pages, there was one experiment bulging out at me, calling my name. It reads: "How To Make Your Own Living Monster," it intrigues me, so I read on. The instructions are all there, so, why not? I gather my things and head to the kitchen. I start, "It looks pretty easy," I say to myself. Time flies and I’m already done. I look up at the clock and it's already 9:00pm. While I read the last sentence in the book, it says, "It will take 24 hours to create, patients is the key." I agree. I pack away the mountain of mess I created and go to bed.
It's the next day. Like yesterday, it is still cold with no sun appearing. I awake to the sound of screeching screams and begs for help. I sprint down the stairs, nearly knocking over every piece of furniture in the house and look out the window. I see people running for dear life, buildings crashing down. As I wonder what it could possibly be, an idea straight away pops into my mind... the monster. I start to panic, I begin to breathe heavily, I think to myself, "What if I have ended the world?" With little knowledge on what to do, I just race outside to see if I could help anyone, but it was too late. The cries of people start to dim. The world ended right in front of me. It fell apart and shook beneath my feet. Buildings began disintegrating, and it was my entire fault. I'd started the end...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!