Rainy Day

It was raining outside and Sarah was lying on her bed watching TV. Then all of a sudden there is a power cut. "Oh No!" Sarah screams. She finds a torch in her draw and heads out to the kitchen to her mum. "It will be a while until the power is back on," mum says. Sarah goes back to her room and jumps onto her bed. She lies on her bed bored and thinking of something to do. She looks in her cupboard to look for something to do. She finds a box with "The Rainy Day Game" written on it. She picks the board game up and puts it on the floor. She puts her torch next to the box and lifted the lid and found lots of games inside. She started to play them. First was a memory match game where she had to find matching cards. Then a naming game where she had to name 10 things that start with a certain letter. Then he played a letter sorting game where she had to sort things and put them in piles. Then she played a finding game where she had to find things in a certain shape. By the time she had finished all the games the rain had stopped and the power came back. Sarah put the box of games back into her cupboard so she can play it next time it rains. She found that it is not boring when it rains, it is actually fun.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!