Darkness

She stood on top of the thin sheet of glass; one foot in front of the other. On one side of the young girl were bright, loud and tart colours. On this side people tended to use vivid, gaudy words. She didn’t like that.
On the other side of her were dark, bland and unobtrusive words. For anyone, it would seem quiet and peaceful, but she knew that simple horror that lived in there. In the depths of the darkness was a chaos-craving monster, one that would never stop killing. She had a single choice, one that she could never take back.
Two paths. A curl of green smoke twisted around her ankle.
“Come,” it said in its rasping voice, “Come to me.”
This monster filled her head with pictures. The girl stepped towards her destiny, which no matter how hard she tried, she could never change. Her destiny was unfolding.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!