Jamals Motivational Monologue

Bibi has locked herself up in a tent, she won't let me in. I need to talk to her. I am going to practise what I am going to say to Bib to help her feel better about Mum and Dad's death.
(Walks around in one straight line back and fourth)
If Bibi was here I would tell her Mum and Dad would want us to get up and be happy, they would want us to have a better life in Australia, where we have freedom, safety and where we can be become who we want to be.
(Put his hand on his Heart)
It was destiny that we were put on two different boats, it wasn't your fault and it wasn't mine. If it happens again we would know what to do. Mum and Dad will always be with us, in our souls, minds, and hearts. If it was not for Mum and Dad we would never have made it this far. I remember when Bibi ate Dad's bread for the first time. I remember when Bibi said that the bread was the best bread she ever had. Bibi said that it tasted sweet, it smelt like roses, it felt soft and it looked like a soccer ball. That bread was made out of our Dad's love for me and Bibi. We can thank Mum and Dad for the good memories of them. We had good moments and bad moments with Dad and Mum, but that is because we love one another.
Australia may not want us, but that is not our fault. We will become Australian soccer stars one day.
My dear Sister Bibi to make you feel better I would tell you that we are soccer stars, the ball was meant to be in between our feet getting dribbled up the field and our parents are with us all the way. Everyone will know our family name, our country and who we are individually.
(Looks around and starts to walk in a straight line again)
I will not let Mum and Dad's death let my dear sister Bibi down. I will help Bibi get the good memories of them into her heart.
(Looks around the area)
I am not going to let the Taliban rule our lives anymore. We are going to make our parents proud and everyone that loves us proud. I will not sit on my bottom and cry anymore. I am going to stand and fight what I know and love. I hope I can motivate Bibi to help me fight for our freedom and our safety.
I miss Mum and Dad too. I am going to bring Afghanistan a new hope of freedom and safety. We are Afghanistan's last hope of help.
I must go and get Bibi and tell her all of this. I hope it cheers her up.
(Walks off the stage)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!