Madeleine Heart


‘Should I or should I not’
The question hovered inside her head with all her attention on it. It had taken control so nothing else pulled her away from it. She looked down at the object in her hand and made a decision. It was final and nothing was going to change it.

Madeleine Heart woke early the next morning, not because it was a big day just because she always did. She quickly glanced down at her hand, the gems were still there. She checked her diary where she had recorded what the gems had whispered. There was a Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Ruby and Amethyst. Maddie tip-toed downstairs quickly packed her sports and beach bag full with food, clothes and her diary. The diary was an old book that recorded a life time of thoughts from ever since she was five and she was now twelve.

Suddenly the alarm clock rang. It was 7’oclock. She quickly raced to the front door opened it and realised she was going too fast to stop but her body had already found a solution. Before she knew what was doing, she had jumped over the gate and down the path heading for the railway. A train was just opening its doors as she sped towards it and just as they were closing she jumped in. She was crazy she told herself, but really she was filled with relief. She was going to Elara.

Maddie stared at the great metal wall. She checked the recording of the gems. This was it. Fear mad her regret it but she slowly walked with her eyes closed into it. There was no crash. She opened her eyes and gasped, she was inside the barrier. People chattered and loaded into trains. Maddie joined a group onto a train. “Hey” a voice whispered “over here”. Maddie spun on her heels and saw a girl with an empty chair next to her. She had freckles and red hair. “Welcome to Elara” she smiled “my name is Sapphire”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!