The Flower Harp

The Flower Harp
On the Isle of Melody, the Flower Harp sang each day, and the islanders lived in peaceful harmony. Sad was the day when the Flower Harp was stolen by an unknown enemy. So the Valiant Five set out to seek the Flower Harp before darkness swallowed the Isle.
Wildblister, the young, foolhardy mage, led the party, full of raw power but with little wisdom. The young Seer, Ripplemind, who saw what others missed, followed. Also came the strong warrior, Stone Blade, who often had to use all his strength to get out of the troubles he fell into. The calm archeress, Whistler, whose arrows always found their mark, strode beside Firethread, the Energy Weaver, who bent power into nets of gold.
Ripplemind, the night the Harp was stolen, had had a dream of twin dark hooded men carrying the Harp. After a time he managed to interpret the dream. Brothers… hooded… silent. The Silent Brotherhood had taken the Harp!
On a sturdy ship the Five sailed the silent sea. They disembarked at the port of Murmur, Wildblister and Stone Blade departing to find the Brotherhood. When they did not return, the remaining three grew worried. Ripplemind dreamt of a stone cell and a ring of stones. The three set out to find the scene Ripplemind saw in his dream.
Wildblister woke up in a cramped stone cell with a splitting headache. His staff had been taken. Stone Blade lay wounded and weaponless beside him. Wildblister staunched the warrior’s wound, then attempted to break out of the cell. He stood, then cried aloud powerful runes. The walls shook and collapsed, burying him and Stone Blade in rubble. Wildblister groaned in despair.
The three had found the ring of stones. Then Firethread heard the harp. The five sprinted toward the sound.
Three hooded warriors leapt from a hollow and ran toward them. Whistler’s bow sang and swift arrows found their targets. The warriors thudded to the ground. Whistler found a hidden entrance and slipped in, following the sound. Firethread and Ripplemind searched for their lost companions.
They stumbled upon the passage which had its end blocked by rubble. A frightened prisoner told them all he knew. With beams of energy, Firethread blasted the rubble to grey dust. Wildblister dragged Stone Blade into the passage.
They all followed the sound of the harp. At last they met Whistler in a chamber full of slain, hooded guards. The Harp’s Song rang from the Flower Harp in a glass cage. Firethread blasted the lock, and the triumphant Valiant Five strode to the dock, bearing the singing Harp.
Glad were the islanders at the return of their beloved Flower Harp. Wildblister practiced channelling and shaping his power. Ripplemind slept peacefully and was content. Whistler honed her skills. Stone Blade was sick for some time, but when he recovered was less self-confident than before. Firethread, unchanged, danced wild on the hills, singing along with the Harp.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!