Haunted Egypt

Haunted Egypt
On a warm sunny day an eighteen year old boy called Will was going on a trip to Egypt. He was excited but scared of going in a pyramid.
Will was up high in a helicopter going to land. The tour guide asked why Will was going pale. “I have heard rumours that the Sphinx is haunted, “replied Will. “
Don’t worry” said the tour guide, “They are just rumours.” Will secretly was terrified!
When they landed the tour guide beckoned Will to the Sphinx, “This is the way in,” said the tour guide.
“But it is solid brick,” said Will. “How can you get in? A hammer?”
“No,” said the tour guide, “Like this.” He pulled a brick out and a doorway opened .Will and the tour guide walked slowly into the Sphinx.
First it was gloomy and dark before the tour guide found his lighter. The tour guide lit a flame and placed it on the wall of the Sphinx. “This way to the centre of the Sphinx,” whispered the tour guide. Will was too astonished to speak so he followed. “Do not lean on anything,” said the tour guide as Will lent on the wall. “Duck!” yelled the tour guide. Will ducked just in time as an arrow flew through the air.
Will exclaimed, “That was close.”
“This way,” sneered the tour guide, “And do not touch anything!”
Will was too amazed to listen, “Which room would you like to go to first?” asked the tour guide. “Treasure room, coffin graveyard or the tombs?”
Will replied, “The coffin graveyards.
”All right this way,” mumbled the tour guide. The way to the coffin graveyard was dark, gloomy and wet. First Will and the tour guide went down a spiralling staircase. Next they had to duck under a low ceiling hallway. Finally they had to push symbols to move some rock which built a steady bridge. The coffin graveyard was fabulously beautiful. Diamonds were painted across every coffin. Will could see a tomb painted with goddesses Ra and Nut. “Would you like to look inside?” whispered the tour guide. The tour guide opened the tomb. Without warning the tour guide was pulled in! Will did not see and got tied up in bandages.
When Will’s eyes were unbandaged he was tied in bandages head to toe. Will was also hanging above a pit full of snakes being lowered by skeletons into the pit! Just as Will was about to die he was saved by the tour guide. He was swinging on a bandage while kicking the skeletons out of his way. The tour guide grabbed Will and ran out of the secret doorway and jumped into the helicopter. As Will was flying off in the helicopter, he was thinking what he saw that day. He wondered where the tour guide went. Will also wondered if he was safe but he knew the answer to that.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!